Are you a Finish expert with a passion for details while also enamored with the creative process? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment?
NOA Brands is the world’s largest and most innovative producer of mannequins and visual display products for the world’s top retailers. We offer the industry’s most innovative and flexible services, and a customer-oriented culture, all with a global reach. Our brands are defined by excellence in service, product quality and logistics. From Fashion to Athletic, from Custom Design and Props, our company strives to embody and develop the spirit of our Client’s Brands.
We are looking to add a Finish Specialist to our Design and Development team. Working under the Design Director, you will lead all aspects of finish – from exploring new trends to present to customers to creating recipes, finish processes and training guides for our production teams. Along the way, you will establish best practices for determining paint systems, qualify color matches and drive solutions when faced with quality issues. As part of our team you will bring your passion and willingness to execute requests in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
The Finish Specialist is responsible for all aspects of finishes for NOA Brands products from new finish development to the successful execution in production. The Finish Specialist will be the expert and authority on finish materials, processes and procedures. In this capacity, the FS will establish standards and practices to insure finish quality, durability, costs and timing are consistent and predictable. The FM will support the Account and Development teams by researching retail market trends and finish material innovations to establish NOA Brands as an industry leader in design. Additionally, the FS will support the Engineering and Production teams with finish process documentation and training to insure finishes are executed to expectation.
- Research, develop and execute new finishes to meet internal and client requests.
- Work with suppliers to develop and approve production materials.
- Create finish process documentation for production instruction and guidelines.
- Introduce new finish materials and processes to NOA Brands production facilities.
- Establish NOA Brands finish materials approved for use in production.
- Define and execute finish material durability testing and documentation.
- Identify material dry times for processing, handling and packing finish goods.
- Trouble shoot and remedy production quality issues.
- Execute color matching and mixing with accuracy.
- Execute finish samples for client or internal review.
- Routine travel to the NOA Brands Mexico facility is required.
OTHER TASKS / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and update Technical and Safety Data Sheets for all finish materials.
- Maintain and update Development finish library and samples.
- Improve upon existing Finish systems & implement new systems for better quality and workflow.
- Audit production execution of finish applications.
- Schedule and prioritize his/her time to meet necessary deadlines.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by Design Director.
- In-depth knowledge of finish materials, processes and equipment for plastic, fiberglass, metal and wood.
- In-depth knowledge of faux finish, deco and logo applications.
- In-depth knowledge of finish industry and current trends.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office & Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement new systems & processes for improved productivity & quality.
- Ability to develop finishes for quick-turn manufacturing.
- BA / BFA / BS or approximate equivalent work experience and/or other course work.
- Minimum of 5 years of finish experience in a high paced production environment.
- Minimum of 2 years managing finish & production personnel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and take direction from the Design Director.
- Ability to work with little supervision and is self-motivated and time sensitive to set schedules.
- Ability to adapt to various project timelines and requirements.
- Ability to work with department managers & reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work professionally with clients.
- Ability and willingness to work in a production environment.
- Ability to pass a Pulmonary Function test to authorize use of a respirator.
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds.
- Ability to move or carry full-sized mannequins and art objects while being sensitive to delicate/fragile materials and respectful of artistic works.
- Extensive standing, stooping, bending and walking are required.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
PC computer, Microsoft office and Enterprise Resource Planning software, a verity of finish materials including but not limited to water based, lacquer, acrylic, urethane, epoxy, solvents, power and hand tools.