The Product Designer is responsible for the design and development of new product elements for retail display fixtures. The primary focus of the Product Designer is on creating samples, prototypes, finishes, and logo treatments for the purpose of customer review and approval. The Product Designer will interpret and execute the design intent as directed by the Sr. Product Design Manager, utilizing internal and contract resources. Upon approval, the PD will define product specifications and introduce new products to production to insure proper execution.
- Design retail display fixtures and mannequin accessories.
- Facilitate sample and prototype creation and schedule resources accordingly.
- Specify color, finish materials and finishing processes for new development.
- Utilize design software to present concepts and to communicate with engineering and production.
- Utilize manufacturing software to track and acquire materials for prototypes.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure design, engineering and manufacturing adhere to original customer intent.
- Research new materials, processes and suppliers.
- Periodic travel to the NOA Brands Mexico Production facility is required.
OTHER TASKS / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and prioritize his/her time to meet necessary deadlines.
- Follow established development procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Product Design Manager, and Design Director.
The Product Designer will report to the Sr. Product Design Manger and work with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes for plastics, fiberglass, metal, wood, fabric and finishing.
- Ability to design products for quick-turn manufacturing.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and a 3D modeling program such as SolidWorks.
- Working knowledge of finish materials and processes.
- Working knowledge of the retail fashion industry and current trends.
- Working knowledge of artistic and industrial processes and materials.
- Industrial painting and finishing
- Composite fabrication
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- BA / BFA /BS in Industrial Design or approximate equivalent education through work experience and/or other course work.
- Minimum of 2 years of successful product design or development.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and to work with little supervision and is self-motivated and time sensitive to set schedules.
- Ability to adapt to various project timelines and requirements.
- Ability to work w/ department managers & reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work professionally with clients.
- Ability and willingness to work in a production environment.
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds.
Qualified applicants may apply at firstname.lastname@example.org