Are you a creative designer who came up through product design, retail design, or the fashion industry? Do you love being at the heart of a lightning fast process, not afraid to be hands-on, and can quickly solve problems in the moment? Do you value the collaboration of small teams? Are you obsessed with aesthetic details while being respectful of how to successfully design for manufacturing needs?
NOA Brands is the world’s largest and most innovative producer of mannequins and visual display products for the world’s top retailers. We offer the industry’s most innovative and flexible services, and a customer-oriented culture, all with a global reach. Our brands are defined by excellence in service, product quality and logistics. From Fashion to Athletic, from Custom Design and Props, our company strives to embody and develop the spirit of our Client’s Brands.
We are looking to add a Creative Designer to join our Design and Development team. Working under the Art Director, you will learn the process of creating custom mannequins and visual display elements that exceed our customers’ expectations. Along the way, you will challenge and drive our creative boundaries, push our product development, and provide our sales team with new and fresh concepts. As part of our team you will bring your passion and willingness to execute requests in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
As part of a creative development team and reporting to the Art Director, the Creative Manager (CM) is required to work closely with internal departments (design, sculpt, digital, master) and external departments (sales, project management, engineering, production) to ensure that custom development project information is understood and executed throughout the creative process.
The CM is responsible for managing assigned tasks of each new development project from concept design hand off through the creation (concept, sculpt, 3D, proto, MWR) phases, and ensuring those projects are on task and on time. The CM is expected to follow “best practices” and to bring new insights, ideas, and trends as it related to the retail design industry to the collaborative creative process. The effective management of projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment is a key requirement, and daily interaction and communication with the development staff is necessary to effectively manage project through the process.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand the client vision and, through clear communication and leveraging of visual assets, guide the team to develop product that meets the client vision.
- Understand the development schedule, ensuring all projects assets are handed off complete. Ensure tasks are complete within the allotted time scheduled and adhere to process standards and customer expectations.
- Uphold processes, procedures and standards in Development, by understanding the process handbooks and checklists, and ensuring artists adhere to the information within.
- Provide daily constructive feedback on all sculpts to ensure team is on track and upholding the needs of both the client and the company. Work with the AD to creatively solve problems that arise in translation of customer requests to creation of a manufacturable product.
- Understand client point of view on aesthetics and needs as described by the AD, and pull imagery that supports the brand aesthetic. Attends pose, fit, detail, and finish internal explorations/reviews. Assembles presentations for customer review of process phase assets (pose decks, photo decks, 3D renders, catalogs, etc as assigned).
- Participate in developing materials and presentations for internal or external use. This may include photography, illustrations, PhotoShop composites, and other media as determined.
- Provide product styling for sculpt photography when needed. Assist in scheduling or styling any photo shoots as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Skills and Abilities
- Strong design skills and ability to shift aesthetic between brands
- Ability to move between multiple projects fluidly.
- Creative problem solver, willingness to get involved
- Excellent ability of Adobe design software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think like the customer and anticipate their needs.
- “Do what it takes” attitude, strives towards innovation
- Proactive with follow-up and great sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of retail and fashion industries
- Firm understanding of typical product development process
- Experience and Education:
- 4-7 years of related professional experience increasing in responsibility
- A BA degree in Industrial Design, Retail Design or Visual Merchandising or related practical experience
- Experience or understanding design for manufactured products a plus.
Please submit samples of work (or link), resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.